Thought Bubble Thursday

Thursday, September 25, 2008

Are you having one of those days?

I am.

Nothing is going quite like it should. I'm tired.

To commemorate this nasty day, I thought I'd share...

~~~~~

My seven-step solution to kick "The Frump"

~~~~~

1. Grab a big bowl of popcorn.

2. Plop onto a comfy sofa and eat it for six minutes. Yes, only six.

3. After six minutes, call a friend (they might be having the same kind of day)

3. Say, "I know this sounds really wacky, but could I read a scripture to you?"

4. Read D&C 61:36

5. Ask them to tell you of a time when they felt the Lord 'in their midst.' Tell them of a time when you did.

6. Say "Thank You," then hang up the phone.

7. Throw away the popcorn, get up off the couch and get to work. Do your homework, help your mom, go for a jog, finish scouts or young women, visit someone who needs you. It doesn't matter what you do. Just do something good.

"...be of good cheer, little children; for I am in your midst, and I have not forsaken you" ~D&C 61:36

You. Are. Loved.

~Sister McLay

1 comments:

Bob said...

Sis McLay-

I've been having one of those days, weeks, months. But especially today.

So, even though it's 11:30 PM, I called a friend, as you suggested.

I needed that.

Thanks you.

-Bob